Clinical Field Service Engineer
Purpose of Role:
Install, commission and repair a wide range of medical devices in designated hospitals and health care facilities. Provide first level customer training and clinical support on equipment. The equipment range includes, but is not be limited to, Patient Physiological Monitors, Defibrillators, ECG Recorders, Ventilators and Clinical Networks. Proactively manage customer relations with emphasis on communication with customers and customer satisfaction. Located in Cork covering primarily the Munster region, however on occasions there will be a requirement to travel countrywide.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide complete product support on designated equipment, this will include installation and commissioning, preventative maintenance, repair, customer training and a level of clinical support. Attend training courses provided locally and at various manufacturers’ facilities abroad.
- Work undertaken by engineers must comply with the relevant Company Quality procedure relating to that service or activity.
- Comply with all relevant protocols associated with Navision, a group wide IT system. The Support Department uses Navision for call logging, service scheduling and other call related activities.
- Liaise with customer support administration on a regular basis, provide engineers reports and all relevant documentation to customer support administration for further processing and invoicing.
- Proactively manage customer relations with particular emphasis on communication with customers and ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Engineers will participate in a Rota providing an “out of hours” emergency call out service.
Gillian Dempsey| HR Generalist
T: +353 1 8611355| Email: firstname.lastname@example.org