Public Procurement Litigation Conference 2016
We are delighted to announce details on the forthcoming ‘Public Procurement Litigation Conference 2016’ taking place on 23rd June in the Royal Marine Hotel, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin
Over the past twelve months litigation in the procurement field has become a growing issue and the way tenders are handled and chosen is causing a big stir in the Irish Public Procurement space. Non-compliance with the New Public Procurement Directive seems to be becoming a major concern and partly the reason for the increase in litigation cases in Public Procurement.
This conference will dig deep into the various, administrative and legal challenges you must be up to speed on, how to avoid future cases and legal disputes, plus hear from important legal challenges that have gone through the courts which are shaping Irelands Public procurement arena going forward.
This is a must attend event for any professionals directly or indirectly involved in public procurement in Ireland or the legal system surrounding it.
See below event programme for a full list of key topics to be covered on the day
CMG events typically sell out quickly, so prompt booking is strongly advised to secure your place at the early bird rate Save €100.00 - Early Bird Rate is €345.00 + VAT (Normal rate €445.00 + VAT)
Full Day Programme 8.50am to 4pm
- Remedies Regulations
- Recent procurement litigation judgments in Ireland and Europe discussed
- Dealing with a procurement challenge – How can you prevent this from going legal and through the courts
- Disclosure and participation in Public contracting
- Solutions including templates to the process of dealing with losing bids
- How effective document management can transform your organisation and how you manage legal challenges
- Challenges associated with making changes mid-contract – can this come back to bite you in a court hearing?
- Developing public sector category management
- National review procedures
- Damages, interim measures and standstill periods – importance of them in practice – how to follow them legally.
- Dealing with non-compliance issues such as late tenders, non-acceptance of terms and conditions, tender qualification, omitted documents etc
- FOI & Procurement – what can you disclose? And what information is strictly exempt from publication?
Dealing with tenderers during the procurement & debriefing process
- Preparing and rolling out the Invitation to Tender – getting the legalities right from the start
- Dealing with tenderers during the procurement process and in particular tenderers queries – knowing where you stand legally
- Informing the tenders of the outcome of the tender process – what information can you give and what must be kept confidential
- The debriefing – do’s and don’ts from a litigation perspective
Speaker: Mary Dunne, Partner, Maples & Calder
Changes to Pre-Qualification under the new Directives
- Changes to mandatory and discretionary selection criteria
- Exclusion for bad prior performance
- The European Single Procurement Document – explained
- Long-stop dates for exclusion
Speaker: Anna-Marie Curran, Partner in the EU, Competition & Procurement Group, A&L Goodbody
An Overview of Recent Irish Public Procurement Challenges – Recent decisions of the Irish Courts in relation to:
- The nature and type of reasons that must be given to an unsuccessful tenderer
- When the automatic suspension of an award of contract pending the determination of a procurement challenge will be lifted
- Extending the time for bringing a procurement challenge
- Amending the grounds of challenge
· Recent case law on the automatic suspension to conclude contracts – hear of recent high profile cases and their outcomes which are shaping the future of public procurement law in Ireland
Speaker: Fiona Forde, Barrister-at-Law, The Law Library
Who Should Attend?
This event will be of real interest to anyone involved in Public sector procurement including, government departments, local authorities, semi state agencies, consultants, legal experts and service providers tendering for projects who need to know exactly how the system works for future bids
SAVE 100.00 EURO BY BOOKING THE EARLY BIRD RATE OF €345 + VAT per Person – (Closing Friday 29th April) Normal Rate @ €445 + VAT.
CMG Events Conference Discount
- 15% discount for the third delegate booked or subsequent bookings thereafter from the same company.
The rate to attend includes morning tea/coffee and refreshments on arrival at registration, mid-morning tea/coffee and pastries and full buffet lunch. You will receive the speakers PowerPoint presentations within 24 hours after the event.
Why Should I Attend?
There are many reasons why you should attend this event, but here’s our top 3 for you to consider.
- Get the most up to date information on the outcomes of procurement litigation cases shaping the future of procurement going forward and key regulatory guidelines you must implement for future projects
- Meet with experts and experienced professionals on this topic and ask important questions relevant to your organisation progress
- Network & build new relationships with like-minded professional in your sector - You will be among other thought leaders who share your views
6 structured CPD Points
There will be 6 structured CPD points awarded to all attendees at this conference.
Book Your Place
To request the conference agenda details with further information on schedule, timings, venue etc. Click Here