Senior Clinical Engineering Technician NRS05060
Clinical Engineering Department, Midland Regional Hospital, Portlaoise / Laois/Offaly CHO Area 8 (Regional Department providing support to both hospital and community)
Base to be agreed at Job Offer stage.
There is currently one permanent whole time post available in this location.
The successful candidate may be required to work in any service area within the vicinity as the need arises.
A panel may be formed as a result of this campaign for Clinical Engineering Department, Midland Regional Hospital, Portlaoise / Laois/Offaly CHO Area 8 from which current and future, permanent and specified purpose vacancies of full or part-time duration may be filled.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
The Clinical Engineering Technician, Senior will:
- Provide a quality service for clinical systems with regard to equipment performance and safety.
- Provide comprehensive maintenance on all electro-medical equipment, aids and appliances.
- Provide first line support for hardware and software faults/issues on all medical devices.
- Identify and resolve faults on medical devices, aids and appliances.
- Provide maintenance services for electro-medical, diagnostic imaging and/or other equipment in respect of its functional, electronic, optical, electrical and mechanical aspects to a standard of safety, accuracy and reliability consistent with its function and with professional standards.
- Assist with the coordination and implementation of preventative maintenance schedules and safety programmes.
- Participate in the maintenance and inventory of proper stock levels of spare parts, and accessories as required to ensure minimum equipment downtime.
- Develop as required specialist fields of interest within the field of Clinical Engineering.
- Contribute and participate as required to the education and training programmes in which the department is involved.
- Support the nursing, medical and technical staff in the implementation of patient care involving technology.
- Liaise closely with ICT service providers and managers to ensure provision of a reliable network infrastructure and service to support safe, efficient delivery of clinical services.
- Maintain close cooperation with other members of the Engineering Department and staff of service companies.
- Maintain good communications throughout the hospital/community where equipment issues impact on the provision of a service.
- Be professionally responsible for all aspects of the post.
- Keep abreast in the understanding and knowledge of all new developments in the field of medical devices, aids and appliances.
- Have a working knowledge of the Health Information and Quality Authority (HIQA) Standards as they apply to the role for example, Standards for Healthcare, National Standards for the Prevention and Control of Healthcare Associated Infections, Hygiene Standards etc and comply with associated HSE protocols for implementing and maintaining these standards as appropriate to the role.
- Support, promote and actively participate in sustainable energy, water and waste initiatives to create a more sustainable, low carbon and efficient health service.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned to him/her.
- Advise when required, on new technical installations.
- Participate in implementation and ongoing use of the Health Service Executive AIMS Maintenance Management and Asset Register System ensuring all equipment is maintained to relevant standards and appropriate records are available at all times.
- Be courteous and helpful to patients and their relatives and respect each person’s privacy and dignity at all times.
- Co-operate fully with ensuring compliance with Health and Safety requirements and regulations.
Please see Job Description and link below for more information